As businesses shift online, there is a greater need for cybersecurity. Cyber threats can infiltrate any level of an organisation. This makes it essential for any workplace to be aware of common cyber threats and malware. Businesses are vulnerable to data breaches, that is, they can occur even in heavily regulated industries, like healthcare.
Cybersecurity tools based on AI are becoming increasingly popular among businesses. The acceleration of complex and large cyberattacks has made artificial intelligence (AI) a requirement for data safety. In addition to providing rapid insights into cybersecurity threats and cyber risks, AI technologies like machine learning and natural language processing also enable security analysts to take critical decisions and remediate threats in a timely manner.
Benefits Of Using AI For Cybersecurity
As Internet-based computing and connectivity have proliferated across the world, organizations have grown more susceptible to hacking and cyber-attacks. So businesses need cybersecurity professionals to secure their data. This has opened up a variety of job roles in cybersecurity. There is also a growing demand for cybersecurity professionals who can use AI-based tools.
AI is the best cybersecurity solution for businesses that want to thrive and survive on the internet today. For security professionals to perform effectively and defend their organizations from cyberattacks, emerging technologies like AI are essential. Here are some of the benefits of using AI for Cybersecurity:
- AI can learn independently, which can be advantageous for improving network security.
- AI is more efficient at identifying dangers and preventing them from destroying organizational data.
- Even when it comes to a large amount of data, AI is capable of spotting possible hazards.
- AI can analyze and evaluate current security measures and thereby assist in managing vulnerabilities.
- AI can help to identify all threats, assist in prioritizing them, and help in stopping them
- AI can detect hazards early enough to prevent damage by blocking them.
- AI analyzes networks in depth to see if there are security holes that could be damaging to your network.
Top AI-Based Tools For Cybersecurity
At present, AI technologies are involved in almost all sectors. AI-based tools help organisations by various means, such as getting insights from raw data, predicting future outcomes, and protecting data. There are a lot of options for AI in the cybersecurity market. The following are the top tools for AI cybersecurity.
- Sophos Intercept X tool
- Vectra’s Cognito
- Cyber Security Tool Kit (CyberSecTK)
- IBM QRadar Advisor
- Symantec Endpoint Security
1. Sophos Intercept X tool
Sophos Intercept X is the industry-leading Endpoint Security solution that helps reduce cyber attacks or prevent attacks. It combines anti-exploit, anti-ransomware, and deep learning AI to stop attacks before they happen. Instead of relying solely on one primary security method, Intercept X uses a comprehensive, defence-in-depth approach to endpoint protection. Sophos Intercept X tool also helps in:
- Stops never seen before threats with deep learning AI
- Detect and blocks the malicious encryption processes used in ransomware attacks.
- The anti-exploit technology prevents attackers from exploiting devices, stealing credentials, and spreading malware.
- Easy to deploy, configure and maintain even in remote working environments.
2. Vectra’s Cognito
Vectra Cognito is now known as Vectra Threat Detection and Response Platform.
The Vectra Platform provides customers with a path to protect their journey to hybrid and multi-cloud. The Vectra Platform is committed to harnessing Security AI to help organisations build cyberattack resilience with broad attack coverage, clarity, and controls from the data centre to the cloud. It also helps to;
- Get attack visibility with context across 4 of your 5 attack surfaces -public cloud, SaaS, identity, and networks – to secure your cloud transformation.
- You have clarity. Reduce alert noise by more than 90% to pinpoint the attacker methods and prioritize threats that matter most, no matter the attack surface.
- You have control. Integrate with your existing technology stack to automate context enrichment, workflow, and controls.
3. Cyber Security Tool Kit (CyberSecTK)
The cyber security toolkit, CyberSecTK, is a basic Python module for preparing and feature extraction of cyber-security-related data. As the number of internet users grows, a greater amount of data must be processed using an automatic approach. In recent years, cyber security professionals have started to apply machine learning technologies to assist with data processing and analysis.
The challenge is that cybersecurity professionals lack the appropriate knowledge to apply machine learning to cyber threats. The CyberSectTK’s library’s objective is to assist bridge this gap. We suggest, in particular, the creation of a Python toolkit capable of processing the most prevalent types of cyber security data. This will assist cyber experts in implementing a simple machine-learning pipeline from start to finish.
Bio-Inspired Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Framework for Cyber Security, BioHAIFCS, is an artificial intelligence framework for cyber security that combines timely and bio-inspired machine learning approaches to secure military information systems that are crucial to mission accomplishment. HESADM (Hybrid Evolving Spiking Anomaly Detection Model) delivers fast and accurate detection of cyber-attacks that pass-through passive firewalls cannot detect. Also, Evolving Computational Intelligence System for Malware Detection (ECISMD); and the Evolutionary Prevention System against SQL injection (ePSSQLI) threats.
5. IBM QRadar Advisor
IBM’s QRadar Advisor protects against cyber assaults by utilising IBM Watson technology. They employ AI to auto-investigate indicators of any compromise or exploitation. QRadar Advisor uses cognitive thinking to provide important insights and speed up the reaction cycle. It can further aid security analysts to identify threat situations and lessen the danger of missing them. It cuts the time it takes to investigate incidents from days to weeks to minutes or hours.
6. Symantec Endpoint Security
Symantec Endpoint Security is AI-powered software. The tool has malware prevention and machine learning exploit capabilities, which can employ AI to find vulnerabilities and repair them before they allow for harmful attacks on an organization. The machine learning technology from Symantec also examines endpoint networks to help managers make safer decisions. This includes assisting IT teams in reducing their system vulnerabilities and highlighting inactive or vulnerable endpoints. Businesses of all sizes and configurations may stay secure thanks to these network-specific reviews.
Additionally, this AI automates endpoint configuration and updates. In order to prevent human error-related vulnerabilities, the system will automatically make sure that every device connected to the network is as safe as possible.
AI is quickly becoming a necessary tool for improving the effectiveness of IT security teams. Since humans can no longer effectively secure enterprise-level surface attacks, AI provides security professionals with vital analysis and threat identification to reduce breach risk and improve security posture.
Additionally, the AI can direct incident response, find and prioritize hazards, and detect malware attacks before they happen. AI will advance cyber security and assist enterprises in developing stronger security postures, despite its potential drawbacks.
To Read More Tech Blogs Visit: Technical Nick