Modern technology has been introduced into practically all areas of the market. This fact substantially increases the demand for organizations to have a competent expert who is able to provide quality technical advice. Robotization, streamlining, and enhanced management are the key benefits brought by IT consultants.
This post will guide you on how to employ a tech-savvy professional, which value and role such specialists have, and what tasks they execute within the enterprise scaling process.
Tech Consultant: Major Role
A qualified expert can considerably decrease operational expenses, optimize internal processes, and assist in a range of challenges companies strive to handle. Yet, the process of searching is pretty complex and requires your high engagement. In case you have employed a great expert, the following tasks will be accomplished perfectly and qualitatively:
- Assemble and study the entire data regarding the entity as well as its operation.
- Deliver recommendations on how to enhance the business functioning by adopting an appropriate set of digital tools
- Guide the software engineering department as well as provide the business demands to experts
- Verify the tech products in cooperation with QA experts to determine whether it reflects the requirements established before
Apart from this, more indispensable assignments are as follows:
- Software architecture specialists’ employment
- Selecting the set of tech solutions for the product implementation
- Checking and refining the architecture
Reasons to Employ a Tech Consultant: Significance for Companies
The crucial motives to think over the IT consultant employment are as mentioned below:
- Augmentation of the current specialists’ expertise
- The demand for a temporary professional to execute clearly determined tasks
- An utter analysis of the entire business and its operation
- Delivery of solutions to the domain or business-specific obstacles and challenges
- Roadmap, tools, and activities to fulfill and obtain the determined goals
- Keeping up with state-of-art solutions and detecting the most relevant ones for your entity
- Exploration of the ever-changing market and client requirements for a solid level of competitiveness
Places to start searching for a technical consultant
The demand for a tech consultant keeps constantly raising, and now your business also requires the engagement of such an expert. The level of knowledge and expertise determine the employee’s efficiency. Therefore, the following question arises- where to start the search from? You have a range of variants to try, depending on your case:
- Previous experience. Have you already tried cooperation with IT companies? In case the answer is positive, you may consider the staff augmentation with the tech consultant from your familiar partner.
- Reviews and rates from the IT company. Request suggestions from the current tech vendors that may offer some advantageous options.
- Special platforms. There’s a range of tools and resources designed to look for, find, and employ the IT consultants applying a handy filtering system.
- Freelance sector. For startups or not-so-long ago established enterprises, this option may be pretty beneficial, as freelancers’ offers may serve as a way to get a qualified expert for a part-time task fulfillment at good value for money.
Employing a Competent Tech Consultant: Strategy to Execute
The strategy to find and employ an IT expert may seem pretty complex. However, you may perform this process much easier by getting familiar with the stages described below:
Set the demands
A detailed explanation of which tasks you need the expert to accomplish and the transparency of your demands will simplify and boost the process of the appropriate experts’ filtering. Thus, both the potential partners as well as you personally get a more precise understanding of the demands of the specialist.
Fortunately, modern technologies enable cooperating with global vendors, liquidating the need to search for “app developers near me” for a productive partnership. The Internet is full of beneficial offers from IT vendors all around the world.
Take a closer look at the assembled options
The next step is using some of the aforementioned ways to find the tech professional. Precisely explore the previous projects accomplished by the potential partner. It would also be useful to check the IT consulting rate globally as well as the opinions of the customers that have already worked in partnership with your candidates, and such resources for employment provide the opportunity to check verified reviews. In case someone of the options has a solid proficiency level in the industry of your enterprise, the cooperation will be much more fruitful and qualitative, and rapid. This is due to the fact that the tech provider knows how to overcome concrete challenges your field has, making the performance more rapid and simpler.
Think over the confidentiality ahead
Prior to establishing a partnership with any of your potential IT providers, you should define whether your project is secure and will stay private throughout the whole cooperation. Negotiate if your candidates will sign a suitable type of contract, guaranteeing the safety and elimination of the third parties’ engagement in it.
Get acquainted with an expert closer
Ask your chosen specialist to conduct a call with you and assess your competence level. Any remote cooperation requires determining tools allowing you to get acquainted remotely.
The initial connection traditionally happens via a simple call. It helps check the basic details regarding the candidate (e.g., experience in general, general information from the curriculum vitae, and the other primary information).
Request for the meeting via a video chat is commonly made to negotiate the cooperation more precisely as well as assess the tech consultant’s expertise sufficiency. In case technical expertise checking seems a challenge for you, you may ask someone from your current employees to assist you in this process.
Aside from tech-savviness level, you shouldn’t leave personal characteristics behind, not paying attention to them. A great IT consultant will comprise the following list of individual traits:
- Problem-solving mindset
- Interpersonal issues faced within the workflow handling
- High engagement in work
Conclude a partnership
In contrast to the other cooperation models, software architecture vendors guarantee the opportunity to conclude a special document that procures the sufficient safety of your concept and idea.
Complete the SDLC
The pipeline of the project completion has certain peculiarities in each case. However, the main stages commonly remain unmodified. Let’s take a look what phases the software development lifecycle traditionally has:
- Assembling and negotiating your demands for the product with the selected tech consultant
- Market and client exploration completed by your partner, implementation strategies planning, functioning as well as relevant digital tools picking
- UI/UX mockup creation (according to the requirements you’ve set earlier) for your further acceptance
- Software engineering process, during which the tech team architects the functionality of the product
- Quality Assurance that guarantees the smooth, correct, and efficient performance of the implemented software
- Launching the solution on the market to provide access to the first customers and obtain initial feedback for the following enhancements and product upgrades
The digitalization path is the future of almost all market sectors, so the assistance of a solid IT consultant is integral. The solutions like processes’ robotizing, workflow operation, and outgoings’ reduction are essential advantages guaranteed by such experts. To obtain maximal productivity, efficiency, and an excellent competence level, you should take the employment process highly responsibly and conduct in-depth research concerning each potential assistant. This will prevent you from insufficient tech expertise and inappropriate individual character traits of the employee.
Yuliya Melnik is a technical writer at Cleveroad. It is a web and mobile app development company in Ukraine. She is passionate about innovative technologies that make the world a better place and loves creating content that evokes vivid emotions.
To Read More Tech Blogs Visit: Technical Nick