When you are looking for the best VR headsets to buy in 2022, you essentially have a lot of choices. With the advent of innovations in technology in recent decades, you can decide between a myriad of options, such as do you want to buy a VR headset that plugs into your console or a PC. Virtual reality or VR headsets have improved a lot in terms of overall, tracking and visual performance to offer you the best possible experience in gaming.
The world of virtual reality is advancing quickly and we are expecting some new changes to enter soon. With better Qualcomm chips that can plug into your smartphone, you can get a more versatile gaming experience. To help you in making your decision, here are the best VR headsets to buy in 2022:
Oculus Quest 2 VR Headsets
Oculus Quest 2 is extremely popular and one of the best standalone VR consoles that you can get. After Facebook discontinued the manufacture and selling of Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 is the only option in the Oculus virtual reality devices. You can use it wirelessly as it is self-contained.
- Oculus Quest 2 comes with extremely sensitive touch controllers and has a comfortable design to help you play for long hours without making your body prone to any strain.
- Oculus Quest 2 also doubles like a PC virtual reality headset.
- The only con with Oculus Quest 2 is that you need a Facebook account to use it. Priced at $299, you don’t need anything else with Oculus Quest 2.
- It offers an immersive virtual reality experience wherever you want with VR games. With nothing else needed, the Oculus Quest 2 delivers virtual reality games and an immersive VR experience anywhere.
- This virtual reality headset is faster, smaller, cheaper, and more comfortable to wear than the original Quest, but you have to log in to Facebook in order to use it.
- The new Oculus Quest 2 can also double up as a console that contains 128GB of memory. It also has a silicone cover that helps you wear the foam face piece more comfortably after a lot of users complained of facial irritation.
- Existing Quest 2 customers can also get a complimentary silicone cover from Oculus. You can download all gaming and other VR applications right into the memory of your standalone Oculus. It has a mobile processor that helps you in playing games like SuperHot VR, Moss, and Beat Saber very easily and without any lag at all. You can also connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC using just a USB-C cable.
Buy Oculus Quest 2 at:
HP Reverb G2 VR Headsets
- HP Reverb G2 holds the reputation for being the highest resolution PC virtual reality headset available.
- It offers you an extremely sharp high-resolution display paired with excellent audio. It comes in a very comfortable design.
- The only con with HP Reverb G2 is its mediocre controllers.
- When it comes to virtual reality, you are basically looking for an immersive experience with great visuals. HP Reverb G2 offers you the best picture quality available right now for consumers which makes it the VR headset of choice for serious gamers.
- It offers you a booming 2,160×2,160-per-eye resolution along with a 114-degree field of sight. In this price range, HP Reverb G2 is an extremely lightweight, comfortable headset that has a fantastic drop-down speaker developed by Valve.
- HP Reverb G2 is technically a Mixed Reality headset designed by Microsoft Windows that favors launching into the Windows 10 virtual reality ecosystem offered by Microsoft. However, it can bridge with Steam VR and functions with those apps and games as well, thus offering you a lot of choices.
- Built-in room-tracking based on the camera is a lot easier to configure as compared to the external base stations of the Valve Index, however, it is additionally prone to getting some tracking errors.
- The controllers that are included, on the basis of the virtual reality controller design by Microsoft, can feel a bit clunkier than both the Valve Index controllers or Oculus Touch controllers. Also, you need to use just the over-ear speakers as your audio choice since they do not contain any headphone jack.
Buy HP Reverb G2 at:
Valve Index VR Headsets
The Valve Index is widely considered the best virtual reality for PC to help you in exploring the future of virtual controllers. It has excellent futuristic controllers that you can use to get a more enhanced VR experience.
- Valve Index is an extremely high-quality headset, and it works very well with the Vive hardware.
- Valve Index is quite expensive, and you need a tethering cable and a room set up to use it.
- Valve Index headset can just be one of the most impressive PC virtual reality devices for 2022 due to the immense power the new fancy controllers give you.
- Valve Index comes with “knuckle” controllers that are pressure-sensitive and could track all your five fingers, and make your hand feel like gloves. Even though not a lot of applications are able to make the most out of these innovative controllers, the Valve Index headset is also compatible with the HTC Vive VR headset that also contains the Steam virtual reality platform.
- It offers you an extremely wide and sharp field of view and amazing audio quality.
- The Valve Index can use external “lighthouse” boxes, which means that you must set them up inside your room before you can even use them.
Valve Index is not as independent and stand-alone as compared to the Oculus’ Rift S, HTC Vive Cosmos, and other VR headsets that let you track your room with the in-headset cameras. Valve Index is also not completely wireless, however, if you already own some of the Vive hardware, you can easily add on parts to match and mix with the Valve Index.
Buy Valve Index at:
Sony PlayStation VR Headsets
The Sony PlayStation VR is the virtual reality headset in the PS4 line. It works with approximately all the games available for the PlayStation consoles. Getting a Sony PlayStation VR is completely worth investing in due to its large number of games.
- It is a very affordable virtual reality headset that can work well with a lot of PS4 controllers such as Move and DualShock.
- The only con is that its resolution isn’t that cutting edge, but it gets the job done.
Sony is yet to design an excellent VR controller that can match the ones by different companies and the latest version is yet to be released soon. In the meantime, you could enjoy a lot of excellent virtual reality games. Sony has been delivering much more superior and exclusive games as compared to its competitors.
Buy Sony PlayStation VR at:
The fact is there is no particularly best VR headset to buy in 2022. It will completely depend on you and your needs. When you are a gamer looking for a comfortable transition into the virtual reality world, you need to focus on what each of your choices offers and how you will be able to better utilize them in your budget. Your solid VR headset can offer you a great escape to various worlds and is a great investment if you appreciate a rich and vivid gaming experience.
To Read More Tech Blogs Visit: Technical Nick