Do you want to monetize your WordPress website and earn passive revenue? I’m sure you do. Fortunately, there are various ways through which you can earn a great amount of revenue from your WordPress website. One of the most popular ways is to place ads on the ad space of your website.
Online advertising has become an important factor for businesses to upscale themselves hence advertisers are always looking for ad spaces to place their ads. You can use your site’s ad space to display their ads and earn a good amount of money from them.
I’m sure you must be eager to know how you can place ads on your website and earn passive income. To know about it in detail, read this blog till the end in which we are going to discuss best ways to place ads and generate revenue from your WordPress website.
What are Ad spaces?
Ad spaces are the places on your website that are dedicated to showing online advertisements. Ad spaces can be present on the header, footer, sidebar, or between the content of your website. You can manually add them or install one from a best responsive WordPress themes with pre-optimized ad spaces.
Advertisements of various formats will be shown to your site’s traffic on these ad pages so they can interact with it and help you earn some ad revenue. Ad space is such an important element for websites mostly dependent on ad revenue.
Ways to Place Ads and Generating Revenue from Your WordPress Website
There are multiple ways through which you can place Ads on your WordPress website. You can embed affiliate links, manually place ads or sign up with an ad network like Google AdSense to start showing advertisements to your website traffic.
Let’s get to know all the methods in detail.
Manual Ad Placement
WordPress Ad manager plugins provide you with an easy and effective way to manually place Ads on your website. The WordPress advertising plugin assists you to create customized advertisements and display them on the ad spaces of your WordPress website.
With the help of this plugin, you can easily create ads of various shapes, sizes, and formats. To get started with placing manual ads, firstly you have to install the WordPress advertising plugin from the official WordPress directory and run it.
To create an Ad, you need to select the format of the advertisement, the required shape, and size, and finally add the destination link to the ad. After that click on the Create Ad button and place it in the ad space of your WordPress website.
In this way, you can manually create an Ad and display it to your site’s traffic to earn passive income.
Google AdSense is the most popular Ad network provided by Google that allows you to show relevant advertisements to your website traffic and earn an income out of it. Google AdSense analyses the content on your website to show the most relevant ads to your visitor so they can engage with those ads.
It offers a variety of ad types such as display, banner, and in-feed. AdSense pays you on a CPC (cost-per-click) model, which means a certain amount is paid to you every time a user clicks on the displayed advertisement. Creating an account on Google AdSense can be done in minutes and doesn’t require anything other than a Google account. Let’s take a deep dive into how you can create a Google AdSense account.
Steps to create a Google AdSense account:
- Visit the official AdSense site & sign up with your old or newly created Google account.
- After creating an account, submit the URL of your website to AdSense for verification.
- Google will check whether your site is ready to display ads or not and the verification process might take one or two weeks.
- After verification you will get an ad code from AdSense that you need to put in the HTML of your site’s pages to start showing ads.
- To avoid putting ad code on each page manually, you can enable auto ads through the settings of Google AdSense.
Now, your website is all set to show relevant AdSense ads to your website traffic and earn a good amount of money from it.
WordPress allows you to display banner ads on your website without any hassle. You can either create a banner ad on your own with the help of a WordPress advertising plugin or upload a pre-created sponsored banner ad to your website. You can do it easily from your WordPress dashboard.
Here’s how you can place a sponsored Ad banner on your WordPress Website:
- Go to the WordPress dashboard, and click on the media option to upload the sponsored ad banner to the media library.
- After uploading the banner file, go to the appearance section and select the widget. It will show you the ad spaces on your website to place the widget.
- Select the ad space where you want to show the banner image and click on the + sign to select the image widget.
- After that you will get three options to add an image, from those options you have to select media library as you have already uploaded the banner image here at the first step.
- Select the banner image and add a destination URL to the banner ad so users will be redirected to the sponsor’s website after clicking the banner ad.
- Click on the save button and start earning through the sponsored banner ad.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn passive income through your blog or WordPress website. To earn affiliate income, you have to join an affiliate program such as amazon affiliate and promote their products on your website. Just place the banner ads and product links in between your site’s content and ad space and get paid a certain amount of commission every time a purchase is made through the affiliate links from your website.
There are various affiliate programs available in the market that offer you a certain percentage of each sale made by your affiliate link. You can go with the affiliate program that is suitable for you.
Factors To Consider Before Placing an Ad on Your WordPress Website:
- Display minimal ads so your web traffic might not think that you’re bombarding them with multiple random ads.
- Make sure the Ad should be relevant and resonate with your site’s content so you can get maximum clicks on it.
- The shape and size of the ad should be approximate and not too small or too big as it might annoy the visitors and make them leave your website.
- Choose the ad space wisely so web traffic will not have any issues while navigating through your website.
- Keep in mind to display mobile-friendly ads to capture a larger internet user base.
Your WordPress website is an asset, if you use it correctly then it has got a lot of potential to help you earn a good amount of passive income. WordPress has made it easy by availing various easy ways to place ads on your website and earn ad revenue. You can try your hands at all the ways mentioned in this blog to get an idea about what suits the best to you and your website.
Hope you got an idea about ad placements and ad revenue through this blog. Now don’t wait and follow the steps we discussed in this blog to start showing ads to your visitors and earn ad revenue.
To Read More Tech Blogs Visit: Technical Nick